Steps to properly formatting and inserting images into posts and pages.
- Resize image using photo editing tool to 72dpi, maximum 800 width (or 800 height, if portrait style).
- Decide if the image needs to be a small thumbnail (150×150 pixels) or a larger thumbnail (300×244 pixels). You will rarely want to insert a full sized image.
- All images are automatically enabled to work with “lightbox”, the tool that allows for the image to expand forward to full size when it is clicked on.
- You must enter both a title and a caption for lightbox to work properly. “Title” is the longer description of the image. It appears when the lighbox full-sized image appears. “Caption” is the shorter descriptor for the image, and appears underneath the thumbnail image. All images are styled to use a grey background with a black border, and to be aligned to the left.
- You can upload the image from your computer, or, if the image is already in the web site, you can select it from “media’ library”.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not wish any text to appear under the image, you can simply type a space in the “caption” field. If you do not, the image will appear centered and on its own line in the page which will look odd. Having some placeholder (even a space) in the caption field is required to align the image left and surround it with the grey background.