This slide show highlights some of the participants in this year’s Pacific-based multinational naval exercise, Rim of the Pacific which is a biennial, multinational exercise designed to strengthen regional partnerships and improve multinational interoperability.
Credit: US Navy Visual News Service, June 26th, 2010
- The first photo shows the French Navy frigate FS Prairial arriving at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
- The second photo shows the arrival of the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Benfold at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
- The third photo shows the Navy’s first littoral combat ship USS Freedom (LCS 1) arriving at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam for the exercise.
- The fourth photo shows sailors aboard the Canadian Navy Halifax-class frigate HMCS Calgary mooring the ship next the Iroquois-class guided-missile destroyer HMCS Algonquin as the ship arrives at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
- The fifth photo shows the arrival of Royal Australian Navy Adelaide-class guided-missile frigate HMAS Newcastle arriving at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam.
- The sixth photo shows Six Container Delivery system bundles comprised of Meals-Ready-To-Eat and milk descending to a designated drop zone area after being dropped from a C-17 Globemaster III assigned to the 535th Airlift Squadron in support of Rim of the Pacific 2010.
- The seventh photo shows Staff Sgt. Philip Valenta, a loadmaster from Nederland, Texas assigned to the 535th Airlift Squadron, reinforcing a container delivery system bundle for a 25-bundle air drop totaling more than 90,000 pounds at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in support of Rim of the Pacific 2010.
- The final photo shows the littoral combat ship USS Freedom passing the Battleship Missouri Memorial in Pearl Harbor.
*** Posted on July 7th, 2010