- In photo 1, Gen. Charles Jacoby, commander of NORAD and USNORTHCOM, gives a keynote address to the Celebrate America’s Military Spirit of America Dinner hosted by the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Nov. 8. The event featured military attendees from local installations as well as community and civic leaders. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Lee Ezzell)
- In photo 2, a formation of Sailors, assigned to Commander, U.S. Third Fleet, render honors to Commander, NORAD and USNORTHCOM, Army Gen. Charles Jacoby, during a visit to Third Fleet headquarters in San Diego. Jacoby met with Commander, U.S. Third Fleet, Vice Adm. Gerald R. Beaman for a routine visit. U.S. Third Fleet leads naval forces in the eastern Pacific from the west coast of North America to the International Date Line. (U.S. Navy Photo by Mass Communications Specialist 2nd Class Torrey W. Lee)
- In photo 3, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Army Gen. Charles H. Jacoby, Jr., NORAD and USNORTHCOM commander, talk during the Inaugural Trilateral Meeting of North American Defense Ministers March 27. (Courtesy Photo)
- In photo 4, Adm. Mariano Saynez, Secretary of the Navy, Mexico, escorted by Army Gen. Charles H. Jacoby, Jr., NORAD and U.S. Northern Command commander, departs the NORAD and USNORTHCOM headquarters with honors after his final visit to the commands Nov. 26, 2012.After speaking at a gathering of NORAD and USNORTHCOM members, honors were rendered in front the headquarters, where Jacoby presented Saynez with an engraved artillery casing and the Mexican flag flown in front of the building. Saynez’s support of USNORTHCOM has been instrumental in the fight against transnational criminal organizations. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Thomas J. Doscher)
- In photo 5, Army Gen. Charles Jacoby, Jr., North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command commander is greeted by the 17 Wing Honour Guard upon his arrival at Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg for a visit to the Canadian NORAD Region headquarters Jan. 24. (Canadian Forces photo by Cpl. Piotr Figiel) CANADIAN FORCES BASE WINNIPEG, Canada
- In photo 6, the Commander of Canada Command, Lieutenant-General Walter Semianiw (left) and the Commander of NORAD and United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), General Charles H. Jacoby, Jr. signed military to military plans in Ottawa on 25 January 2012, to enhance defence cooperation between Canada and the United States, should the governments require each other> ‘> s assistance. The documents signed were the Civil Assistance Plan (CAP), the Combined Defence Plan (CDP) and an Information Sharing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). General Jacoby signed the CAP and the CDP in his capacity as the Commander of USNORTHCOM and the MOU as the Commander of NORAD and USNORTHCOM. The signings followed the 228th meeting of the Permanent Joint Board on Defence (PJBD) in Ottawa.
- In photo 7, Army Gen. Charles H. Jacoby, Jr., NORAD and U.S. Northern Command commander, conducts a tour of MAFFS operations with Air Force Lt. Col. Luke Thompson, 302nd Airlift Wing Chief of Airborne Firefighting, on Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., June 28. Four MAFFS units from the 302nd and 153rd Airlift Wings are currently supporting wildland fire fighting operations in Colorado. PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo.
For an overview on the dual hatted command see the following: