05/01/2015: Joint Warrior is a UK tri-Service multinational exercise that involves numerous warships, aircraft, marines and troops. Joint Warrior provides a complex environment in which UK, NATO and allied units can go through training together in tactics and skills for use in a combined joint task force.
The exercise runs through a range of scenarios, including crisis and conflict situations, that could be realistically encountered in operations – disputed territory, terrorist activity, piracy and more. This massive multinational exercise delivers specialist maritime training, bringing together the theatres of air, surface, underwater and amphibious forces.
And Joint Warrior 151:
Exercise Joint Warrior will run from Saturday 11 April until Friday 24 April and will feature 55 war ships and submarines, 70 aircraft and around 13,000 personnel from 13 participating countries.
There will be significant naval and aerial activity off the West and East coast of Scotland, including amphibious landings on the West coast.
With regard to the video:
An insight into the exercise JOINT WARRIOR 151, showcasing aerial views and live fire drills.
- Aerial shots of the coast, and of the warship.
- A live fire exercise is followed by briefing onboard the Donau, the German flagship of SNMCMG1 (Standing NATO Mine Counter-Measure Group 1). 1. (00:00)
- Aerial shots of the coast of Scotland. 2. (00:27)
- Aerial shots of Spanish Warship Mendez Nuñez (F104). 3. (00:55)
- Shots of the Donau, the German flagship of the SNMCMG1. 4. (00:59)
- Dutch mine hunter HNLMS Makkum alongside the Donau. 5. (01:03)
- Boat being raised by the Donau. 6. (01:11)
- Shots being fired from the Donau. 7. (01:35)
- Briefing onboard the Donau.
Credit: Natochannel :4/22/15